For wedding rates CLICK HERE
The Old Church has been a Portland landmark since its completion in 1883. On the National Register of Historic Places since 1972, it no longer is a dedicated church, but serves Portland as a unique community facility. With its 300 seat auditorium and crystal-clear acoustics, The Old Church has become a favorite site for concerts and lectures.
This Carpenter Gothic structure features classic cathedral ceilings with the original Povey Brothers leaded stained-glass windows. The hand-carved oak and fir pews form a semicircle around the ample stage area, are divided by a 30-foot center aisle, and can seat 300 guests.
The wheelchair ramp entrance, designed to blend seamlessly with the church’s architecture, makes the auditorium accessible for all your guests. A private dressing room with a connected Victorian parlor is adjacent to the stage area.
Concert/lecture rentals include:
* Grand Piano
* Candelabra (two, 9 candles each)
* Dressing room
* Tables at entrance of auditorium, suitable for tickets, literature or CDs.
* Sound system (two microphones on stands).
Kinsman Hall, adjacent to the church proper, serves as an ideal backdrop for elegant receptions. This Victorian-style ballroom with its brass chandelier, hardwood floors, 25 foot ceilings, stained-glass windows, grand piano and antique furniture, accommodates 150 guests for a standing buffet or 80 seated at tables. We provide the setup and removal of tables and chairs. You may choose the caterer and musicians of your choice. Click here to view a diagram of Kinsman Hall, including some possible table arrangements.
Reception rentals include:
* 85 folding chairs
* 11 X 6 foot banquet tables
* 9 X 48″ round tables
* Grand piano
* Kitchen facilities
* Two 100-cup and one 30-cup stainless steel coffee makers
* Bar sink in Kinsman Hall
CONCERTS, LECTURES, WORKSHOPS:
- Friday 5pm to Sunday 11pm $125 per hour
- Monday through Thursday 8am to 11am and 3pm to 5pm. $60 per hour
- Monday through Thursday, 11am to 3pm $35 per hour
- Monday through Thursday, 5pm to 11pm. $100 per hour
- Friday, 8am to 5pm $50 per hour
Non-Profit 501C3 businesses receive a $15 per hour discount
All concert and recital bookings include one free rehearsal if scheduled during regular business hours. Time is subject to availability. Please book your free rehearsal when you book your concert, as well as any additional rehearsal times, to ensure you secure rehearsal time.
Extra rehearsal time will be charged according to the above hourly rates and is subject to other events.
Student recitals when performance is free to the public:
Note: the “Student Recital” rate is available only to students, and is not available on Friday or Saturday nights.
- for a 3-hour period Monday through Thursday $250 flat fee
- for a 3-hour period Sundays $300 flat fee
- Reception flat fee for up to 100 people $50 flat fee
- Reception flat fee for 100 people and over $100 flat fee
Note: All rental times refer to your entire time in the building, including set-up and clean-up time. Some private event rentals (full seated dinners, for example) may be charged at different rates than those shown above.
We are available for consultation and viewing Monday through Friday 11a.m. to 3p.m. (office hours), and weekends by appointment. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or to make an appointment.